Foundations is a ministry to welcome new Christians and help them as their journey with Christ begins.
When a person first becomes saved by Jesus Christ, there are some basic concepts that need to be understood.
- This person needs to understand that nothing can take away his or her salvation unless he or she chooses to walk away from God. God won’t force anything on him or her. (He’s a gentleman.)
- This person needs to know that he or she has become a brand new person and that his or her entire past has been washed away in the eyes of God. (There is no reason to feel guilty about anything that happened before that important moment that he or she surrendered to Jesus Christ.)
- This person needs to recognize the importance of being an active part of the Body of Christ, which is the church. (Church is people working together, not a building.)
- This person needs to know how important God’s Word, the Bible is to his or her brand new life…
- This person needs to understand that prayer is important to God, in fact, it is why he or she was made to begin with.
- This person needs to learn how to pray effectively…
- This person needs to understand that God Himself has taken up residency in his or her body. (This is Holy Spirit, Who is our Helper.)
- This person needs to learn how to be victorious over sin that is still trying to control his or her life.
- This person needs to begin to comprehend just how much God has forgiven him or her for all of the past mistakes he or she has made.
- Finally, this person needs to learn how to listen to God to receive guidance for his or her life.
Through counseling, free resources, and basic Bible teachings, Foundations Ministry is designed by God to equip new believers with the weapons and the armor needed to stand tall and stable on the Solid Rock, Jesus Christ…
Contact: (740) 260-4569 (John Whited)